Need help pulling together a simple, comfortable yet professional look for those zoom meetings? No time to online shop? Budget not what it use to be? The StyleGunn is ready to help with all your fashion needs! As we start to plan for our new normal, I am committed to encouraging my clients to use this time to transform mind body and soul! Email me at TheStyleGunn@gmail.com or leave a message in the inquiry tab. I’m excited to venture on this new journey with you. Keeping you safely stylish!
I came to the east coast to grow in a market that I knew would expand my business and change my life and my daughter’s lives. On one income it can be ambitious to say the least! In fact, the more I think about it I’m fully aware of the financial, physical and mental job I bear as a single parent. But I’m alway up to the task if that means providing a better life for my 3 whys!
2020 has started off to be an intense roller coaster ride for the diva crew and I. Our new COVID-19 normal consists of social distancing, self quarantines and schools closings. Causing me to quickly adjust us once again into a new way of life! It is so important we take the spread of this virus seriously for our health and the lives of others. Living with a pre existing condition Lupus,!I’m so sensitive to this notion of protecting not only myself and my family. I feel it’s a privilege that sensitivity carries on to others and their families.
As I am daily trying to figure out how to take care of my family responsibility, I thought I’d share what’s been working for this single momma and my three daughters:
I truly am a work in progress the biggest lesson I’ve learned is parenting is a imperfect journey and you have got to give yourself some grace! Who ever needs to hear this know your doing an amazing job!
Stay in! Stay healthy! Stay informed!
As a stylist , it is my mission to find deals that will allow you to update your wardrobe while saving you a ton! Here are 7 StyleGunn tips to grow your wardrobe with out overspending!
1. PRICE ADJUSTMENT- I can’t tell you how many times I have bought something, and a day or two later, it goes on sale! Super annoying but, thankfully, some of my favorite stores like Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, and Saks 5th Avenue offer price adjustments. However, it is important to know their Price Adjustment Policy! What is price adjustment? It's where a store will refund you the difference on an item that you have purchased within a certain window of time if that item goes on sale, or if it's right after you bought it. The key thing to know is that the sales associate isn’t obligated to tell you about this money saver, so keep your receipt and keep a look-out for sudden sales!
2. MOBILE APPS- The best way to find out if you need to ask for a price adjustment is to sign up to be alerted about deals and sales from your favorite store. Now, this is truly for the frequent shopper. Download your store's app from the App Store if you have an iPhone or Play Store for Android.
3. SHOP THE OUTLETS- Shopping the outlet stores of your favorite designers and stores can save and allow you to splurge on the labels you love for less.
4. CONSIGNMENT – Don’t be too apprehensive to recycle fashion! I have found so many stylish jewels at stores such as FreeStyle Clothing Exchange and Crossroads Trading Co that have enhanced and added a unique touch to my ever-growing fashion pallet – AKA my closet! You have to, for sure, block out a day to just look and be patient. One persons let-go item could be your go-to wardrobe treasure!
5. THRIFTING- I thrift for labels and key signature pieces that would normally cost you a month of eyebrow waxing and those stilettos you convinced yourself were an investment lol. Thriftng is an amazingly frugal way to update and add some originality to your wardrobe. I live for timeless outerwear!!! And every once in a while, I come upon some beautiful designer jewelry.
6. TMING IS EVERYTHING - It is important to know when is the best time during the year to shop for a steal. I’ve uncovered that late January to February is a great time to shop the inventory from the holidays and to stock up on winter clothing and shoes. (My best boot purchases happened during this time.) April/May are great times to shop for spring and athletic clothing and shoes. June is peak swimwear season, and July/August great for vacation apparel and open-toe stilettos! Make sure you check out your favorite store's websites and register with them. I know, sometimes, those emails tend to get repetitive, but every once in a while they tip you off to some incredible opportunities to save and save big!
7. CREATE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A SALES ASSOCIATE- The best way to know what’s going on in your favorite store, boutique, or consignment shop is to get to know a sales associate. They truly have the inside scoop on trends, deals, and sales that are soon to come. I, personally, find one I feel comfortable with to exchange my email or text only contact information. It’s always great to get tipped off to fashion info before
I am a single mother of three incredible daughters. However, two babies daddies later LOL... For a moment I allowed the thought of being damaged goods to enter my mind. I truly believed that no “good man” would ever love me, considering what I would instantly bring into his life. I am just now honoring what a prize any man would be receiving, having us elevate his life with love and 4 beautiful women he would inherit.
We are all the inheritance of the Most High. When we see ourselves as the prize, when we throw away all of those negative thoughts we bring mostly on to ourselves. All of life’s beautiful possibilities began to reveal themselves.
I had to change my mindset about myself because I was done with swimming in the pool of self pity and doubt. I was ready to change my life so that I could give myself and my daughters a beautiful reality. I started to realize what you think is what you attract, my self doubt drew me to others with the same mindset and it’s impossible to elevate if your stuck in a heavy mindset.
So how am I doing it ? Once I made the commitment to myself to reach the highest of positive vibrations, I needed to first cleans everyone and everything that didn’t grow me or wasn’t in line with self progression. I quickly began to lose self serving relationships both personally and professionally and grew clarity and closure about those relationships. I saw a clearing of who was meant to journey on with me and be in a better position to add value to and water those relationships.
I started doing the work with in myself and quickly learned the true meaning of self care. It isn’t salt baths and massages. It’s not just about the outward appearance it’s about looking inward acknowledging what you really need to work on and doing just that the self work.
Step One Meditation & Self Reflection:
My journey with meditation was so hard at first, finding time to just be still was damn near impossible with 5 year old twins. But I was committed to it and every day I sit still with the most high for 45 to and hour.
Step Two: Feed your mind:
I read up to two books at a time about where I want to be! In my case seeking God presence, real estate news and fashion everything is what I’ve been most focused on.
Step Three: Focus on your goals and plan to execute them:
I write a StyleGunn todo list every day and every day I cross something off. I believe you plant seeds every time you set a goal be it short term or long, you will slowly watch those seeds you’ve been planting grow into success.
Step Four: Find the good in goodbye
Trust the natural clearing this journey causes. It is never easy when a relationship ends but if that relationship is toxic it’s meant to do just that END! Instead of harping or mourning over it trust that ending was for your good. Once you can see the positive outcome in that ending you can embrace all the abundance that’s is coming your way.
Step Five: Be consistent
Staying the course on this amazing life journey is how you’re going to reach a level of success you could only dream of. What you pour into your life is what you will get out of it. In any journey be it weight loss or building a positive mindset. It takes consistency, meaning pushing through those days when your too tired to blink, or finding time to work on your business even when one child is sick and the other has a project and one has soccer practice. Finding those tiny moments to plant small seeds of grow in you’re life and business is what makes all the difference. Do more than most because, you want more than most!
Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.
Starting over has lit this desire in me to look inward and reevaluate myself as a woman, mother, dreamer and momprenuer. I often times wonder if my decisions for growth and financial stability are solely based on my laser focus to obtain stability and security or is it motivated by my desire for my earthly wants? We all want success, we all want to be able to afford the life we’ve dreamed of. This is my period of manifesting that life for myself unapologetically!
As I start this journey the doubts of course started to flow...Your a single mother of three! You have no time for dreaming... Sacrifice,that’s your role now! It’s not looked upon highly for a mom, of all people to put her wants and desires above her children’s.
In doing the self-work and changing my mindset, I’m learning my success IS my child’s success. Seeing their mom build from the ground up no matter how many times she failed or how many times the answer was no, she just kept swimming. That I am limitless and in order to teach that mentality to my daughters, I had to reach a vibration that was no longer accessible to negative thoughts.
I started reading about other people who continued to push pass life’s challenges. It truly changed and saved my life and if my journey could help anyone who has been shackled by their mistakes then I pray my story is an encouragement to never give up on what you want in life.
So what did I do? I sold and gave everything away and trashed most of my belongings and I made my way from California to New York. Why? This is MY chance to find and live for Chantera. I think it’s easy to tell yourself as a parent you can’t because of my child. I’m here to say you can and you have to for your child. Them seeing you unhappy, unfulfilled and lonely with in yourself is going to grow a woman or man that is designed to repeat your choices, think your thoughts and it’s my mission to break those generational chains for my three beautiful daughters.
I’ve only just begun this journey of self. What is that? Journey of self? For me it’s taking all the mistakes, heartbreaks and people that have imprisoned me, one by one removing and allowing myself to heal from it and let it go. It’s the moment I’ve completely given my life to The Most High God and relinquishing my pain and placing it in his hands.
I wake up with gratitude, pray and meditate this provides balance in my extremely busy life.
TheStyleGunn is evolving into something I have been dreaming of since we started and I’m so excited to share this journey with you!
I don’t know where my love affair with shoes began, but as far as I can remember, I have been obsessed with shoes. I should probably be an owner of a shoe store by now, but there’s still time to live out that dream! To me, shoes are the start of every great outfit; it's the period at the end of a style sentence. I’m constantly being asked, "how do you put your outfits together?" Well I always start by checking the weather, and I always decide on my shoes first. From there, I can just visualize what outfit will make these beautiful walking forms of art pop. That is literally how I build my outfit of the day. It’s no wonder I read the ends of books first. It's only fitting I start with the shoes!
Since I’ve had my daughters, I have struggled with my weight. Going to the gym and counting calories just wasn’t in my schedule, and working as much as I do leaves little time. My life had been consumed with playdates, doctor’s visits, sports practices, and homework. I honestly forgot about me. I had left Chantera somewhere in between the carpool lane and the grocery store. It wasn’t until I went to my doctor for a routine checkup that I heard these words carefully fall from my doctor’s mouth: “Would you like to set up an appointment with a weight loss counselor?” At first I was so offended, I felt like the rest of the visit was a slow-motion montage of her giving me pamphlets and telling me it's normal. The word obese was said over and over, and I abruptly got up, thanked her, and made some mommy excuse to get the heck out of there! Here I was thinking I was thick and cute, turns out my lovely lady lumps I was so proud of were affecting my health. I’m a single mom of three girls, and I definitely don’t have time for that. I left my doctor's office feeling like, "oh she’s got me all wrong!" The scale...yeah that damn scale must have been on one because I look AMAZING! How’s that for being overly confident and semi delusional lol! I was so used to hearing others body shame themselves that I just refused to allow myself to go there. But ironically enough, it wasn’t until I couldn’t fit into my favorite go-to LBD that I just lost it and started to cry! I know as women, we have all had that moment of crying clarity. And it was in that moment that I just decided, "Chantera, it's time to care about you." I am no good to my children unhealthy, and my mantra became weight loss = your wardrobe! I can’t go to my clients' homes and not practice what I’ve been stylishly preaching. How am I doing it? Well there isn’t any secret to my now 20+ pound weight loss. I joined a gym that has a child care center. So that cut out the child excuse! But first I hooked up with a trainer to help me put together a routine and navigate the gym and its many machines, and I just stuck to it. I kept telling myself this is for me and my children, because a healthy mom is a happy mom. And my family deserves that!
CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO SHOP NOW!
It's one of my favorite times of the year! One of my favorite stores to shop for myself and my clients, Nordstrom is starting their Anniversary Sale! I'm a card holder so I'm so ready to shop for my girls and myself today! Oh and my clients! Click the link below... or run! Not walk to your nearest Nordstrom store. Happy Anniversary Nordstrom!
Anniversary Sale Early Access Starts July 13 and ends July 20!
Nordstrom Credit Cardholders have until July 20 to exclusively shop the Anniversary before everyone else.
Anniversary Sale for everyone runs from July 21-August 6!
For a limited time, Nordstrom offers brand-new fall styles at seriously discounted prices, from top brands for Women, Men, Kids and Home.
Sale Ends August 6. (Prices go up August 7)
Click Link below to start saving!!!⬇️