I came to the east coast to grow in a market that I knew would expand my business and change my life and my daughter’s lives. On one income it can be ambitious to say the least! In fact, the more I think about it I’m fully aware of the financial, physical and mental job I bear as a single parent. But I’m alway up to the task if that means providing a better life for my 3 whys!
2020 has started off to be an intense roller coaster ride for the diva crew and I. Our new COVID-19 normal consists of social distancing, self quarantines and schools closings. Causing me to quickly adjust us once again into a new way of life! It is so important we take the spread of this virus seriously for our health and the lives of others. Living with a pre existing condition Lupus,!I’m so sensitive to this notion of protecting not only myself and my family. I feel it’s a privilege that sensitivity carries on to others and their families.
As I am daily trying to figure out how to take care of my family responsibility, I thought I’d share what’s been working for this single momma and my three daughters:
I truly am a work in progress the biggest lesson I’ve learned is parenting is a imperfect journey and you have got to give yourself some grace! Who ever needs to hear this know your doing an amazing job!
Stay in! Stay healthy! Stay informed!
As a stylist , it is my mission to find deals that will allow you to update your wardrobe while saving you a ton! Here are 7 StyleGunn tips to grow your wardrobe with out overspending!
1. PRICE ADJUSTMENT- I can’t tell you how many times I have bought something, and a day or two later, it goes on sale! Super annoying but, thankfully, some of my favorite stores like Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, and Saks 5th Avenue offer price adjustments. However, it is important to know their Price Adjustment Policy! What is price adjustment? It's where a store will refund you the difference on an item that you have purchased within a certain window of time if that item goes on sale, or if it's right after you bought it. The key thing to know is that the sales associate isn’t obligated to tell you about this money saver, so keep your receipt and keep a look-out for sudden sales!
2. MOBILE APPS- The best way to find out if you need to ask for a price adjustment is to sign up to be alerted about deals and sales from your favorite store. Now, this is truly for the frequent shopper. Download your store's app from the App Store if you have an iPhone or Play Store for Android.
3. SHOP THE OUTLETS- Shopping the outlet stores of your favorite designers and stores can save and allow you to splurge on the labels you love for less.
4. CONSIGNMENT – Don’t be too apprehensive to recycle fashion! I have found so many stylish jewels at stores such as FreeStyle Clothing Exchange and Crossroads Trading Co that have enhanced and added a unique touch to my ever-growing fashion pallet – AKA my closet! You have to, for sure, block out a day to just look and be patient. One persons let-go item could be your go-to wardrobe treasure!
5. THRIFTING- I thrift for labels and key signature pieces that would normally cost you a month of eyebrow waxing and those stilettos you convinced yourself were an investment lol. Thriftng is an amazingly frugal way to update and add some originality to your wardrobe. I live for timeless outerwear!!! And every once in a while, I come upon some beautiful designer jewelry.
6. TMING IS EVERYTHING - It is important to know when is the best time during the year to shop for a steal. I’ve uncovered that late January to February is a great time to shop the inventory from the holidays and to stock up on winter clothing and shoes. (My best boot purchases happened during this time.) April/May are great times to shop for spring and athletic clothing and shoes. June is peak swimwear season, and July/August great for vacation apparel and open-toe stilettos! Make sure you check out your favorite store's websites and register with them. I know, sometimes, those emails tend to get repetitive, but every once in a while they tip you off to some incredible opportunities to save and save big!
7. CREATE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A SALES ASSOCIATE- The best way to know what’s going on in your favorite store, boutique, or consignment shop is to get to know a sales associate. They truly have the inside scoop on trends, deals, and sales that are soon to come. I, personally, find one I feel comfortable with to exchange my email or text only contact information. It’s always great to get tipped off to fashion info before